Congratulation, you are pregnant!
Sometimes this period can be confusing as you will experience lots of changes in your life including your body.
The doula experience I offer
A relationship of trust and openness
Creating a meaningful connection is my priority. As a doula, I’m nonjudgmental. I will help you make informed decisions, fulfil your sought birth experience, and win over any fears by sharing my knowledge and experience. I strive to make sure that you and your partner are supported throughout.
Making it your experience
What kind of support are you looking for? What are your specific needs? What are your deepest wishes? Every woman is unique and every journey is different. We will figure out all these together, and more.
Holistic support system
Maternity and birth offer a great opportunity for you and your partner to share a unique and miraculous memory that is yours and yours only. I’ve witnessed that often the partner is left aside, not involved in decision making, and unable to share great moments or support challenges. I aim to help you find your path in this journey together and to turn this into a meaningful and memorable time for you both, one that will grow your relationship and strengthen it.
As a doula I will not make decision for you, but protect your wishes and respect your place. As a doula I will support you emotionally and physically but I will not deliver your baby or do any medical examination, that's the midwife role.
- A cup of tea together to see how we connect.
- Up to 3 antenatal meetings, birth and 1 postnatal meeting.
- Focused meetings to discuss your birth plan.
- Unlimited contact by phone or email.
- Available over the phone 24 hours from two weeks before your due date until birth. I’ll be with you when you need me.
- Once you are 38 weeks pregnant and on, I guarantee to be within 1.5 hour from your home to ensure I’m with you in labour.
- Attending your labour and birth wherever it is, support you emotionally and physically throughout your labour until both you and the baby are safe and the little one is either bottle or breast feeding.
- Postnatal visit to talk about your birth, answer any questions, and help with feeding.
- As a postnatal doula I am here to support you, empower you as a mum and help you with all aspects of life with a newborn baby.
At our meeting we will discuss on various question: What kind of support are you looking for? What are your specific needs? What are your deepest wishes? Every woman is unique and every journey is different. We will figure out all these and more together.
- A three hour meeting either at yours or mine, or via Skype if you live far.
- We'll talk about your wishes and fears.
- We'll discuss your previous experiences, if you have had any.
- We'll talk about your expectation from yourself and from others.
- I'll answer any questions you may have.
- I'll help you write a birth plan.
- We'll be covering the stages of labour and labour progress.
- We'll discuss pain relief and alternative ways to cope with contractions.
- You will learn positions for the first and second stage of labor.
- Your birth partner will get some tips on how to support you and how to take care of themselves as well.
As a postnatal doula I am here to support you, empower you as a mum and help you with all aspects of life with a newborn baby (or newborns).
- At the postnatal visit we’ll talk about your birth, to answer any question and to help with feeding (breastfeeding, bottle feeding) and any other issues you may have.
- I will take care of your baby while you catch some sleep and energy.
- Will shop, prepare and serve food for you.
- I will help to catch up with light housework.
- Will be your friend and a great listener.